Things you can do to prepare an ADHD student for a successful new academic year.
Set Goals for Academic Objective: Get them to own their year or better yet semester ahead. With ADHD it may be better to start with a semester. What it does:
- Set the tone for the kind of year
- When you say it it reconfirms it in your mind setting an intention
- Great for accountability
- Example: student: “I am going to work harder this year”
Surface this seems good, but it is not specific enough. It is to broads. What does this look like?
- BE Specific and have it be measurable
- For a download of the worksheet that goes with this episode please go HERE